POWER PRESS #3
EN 13555 - DETERMINING OF TIGHTNESS AND GASKETS MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
This new testing rig used to determine the leakage level at elevated temperatures and to determine the mechanical properites of gaskets in accordance with the algorithm described in EN 13555. Also used to determine calculation factors according to ASTM F3149-15 used to perform flange connection calculations according to ASME Code Sec. VIII. The press combines the capabilities of both older PowerPress 1 and PowerPress2 sites. In addition, it is possible to test class NPS 4 class 300 gaskets. The tests - also leak-tightness (!) - can be carried out at room and elevated temperatures up to approx. 600°C, under variable load. The values Qsmax, EG, PQR, ΔeGcI, Qsmin (L), Qmin (L) and m and y are determined. The helium test pressure can reach 160 bar. The determined values of coefficients are used directly for calculations of flange-and-bolt connections according to EN 1591-1: 2009 and ... / 2013. At the test rig, it is possible to conduct other tests based on determining the correlation of quantities such as: rigidity, pressure force, pressure and leak. Continuous measurement of the leak is performed using a vacuum method using a helium spectrometer.
Key Data and Testing Possibilities
- arbitrarily set and regulated system rigidity, performed with a special press-controlling algorithm,
- possibility to test samples up to the (active) diameter of Φ110 or Φ157 mm, this test rig has two different face surface, (larger active gasket diameters to be determined),
- maximum test pressure 300 bar,
- maximum pressure force 2000 kN,
- maximum test temperature 800°C,
- minimal discovered leakage (helium spectrometer) 5*10-12 mbar/(l*s),
- research media: helium, nitrogen (others using the burette system),
- displacement measurement conducted centrally in the axis,
- possibility to modify the test algorithm as regards time, temperature, pressure, load and their rise time.