AD-2000 Merkblat B7 & B8
The AD 2000 / section B modules cover the calculation rules and proofs demanded by the according ‘Merkblatt’ (working sheet).
The structure and the application of the AD 2000 Code and the procedural guidelines are covered by AD 2000-Merk-blatt G 1. The AD 2000-Merkblätter contain safety requirements to be met under normal operating conditions.
If above-normal loadings are to be expected during the operation of the pressure vessel, this shall be taken into account by meeting special requirements. If there are any divergences from the requirements of this AD 2000-Merkblatt, it shall be possible to prove that the standard of safety of this Code has been maintained by other means, e.g. by materials testing, tests, stress analysis, operating experience.
Module B7 determines the minimum bolt forces for circular, rectangular or arbitrary bolted connections with internal or full-face gaskets.
Due to the increased test pressure in accordance with the PED, proof of tightness was also integrated into the test pressure. The verification is performed based on the bracing diagram.
The gasket table of the Merkblatt has been supplemented by extracts from the gasket manufacturer catalogues. The module can also directly access the catalogues or characteristic values of some gasket manufacturers via Internet access.
Module B8 determines the required flange thickness of:
- welding-neck flanges / welding-neck hubs
- set-on flanges / set-on hub
- set-on flanges with hinged bolts
- loose flanges / segmented loose flanges
- flanges with full face gasket etc.
The AD 2000-Merkblätter are prepared by the seven associations listed below who together form the “Arbeitsgemeinschaft Druck-behälter” (AD), these are:
- Fachverband Dampfkessel-, Behälter- und Rohrleitungsbau e.V. (FDBR), Düsseldorf
- Deutsche Gesetzliche Unfallversicherung (DGUV), Berlin
- Verband der Chemischen Industrie e.V. (VCI), Frankfurt/Main
- Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau e.V. (VDMA), Fachgemeinschaft Verfahrenstechnische Maschinen und Apparate, Frankfurt/Main
- Stahlinstitut VDEh, Düsseldorf
- VGB PowerTech e.V., Essen
- Verband der TÜV e.V. (VdTÜV), Berlin
The above associations continuously update the AD 2000-Merkblätter in line with technical progress.